That is always the question. I feel that you need to think about why you have a business card first. You have it as a way to keep folks thinking about you when they sit down to go over their meetings at the end of day. You want them to be inspired when they look at your card, not because it is flashy or you can down load it in to their computer but because you said something that makes them want to reach out to you for another meeting or a person they “Like Know Trust”. Your business card is a perception & memory of who you are.
You could say your card is an interactive “YOU”. Here are some basics to consider when designing your card:
- Make it easy to read: to much going on in the card may make it unusable
- Use of QR codes make it easy for folks to down load your information
- One side of the card should be “Black & White” with no pictures. Card readers have a hard time reading cards that have graphics.
- Having more than one way to contact you is a good idea as well. Emails, addresses, websites & phone numbers tend to change.
- Phone numbers are not taboo & folks still like to use the phone
- If you make your card in different sizes that’s fine, it will help you stand out but remember most folks put them in their wallets & if your someone they “like know trust” they will keep the card on them.
There is no right or wrong way to design your business card. If your card works for you then you are leaving a good impression. There is a way to test your card & that would be by having two to three different designs done. Now hand out one design for 3 months & then the next 3 months hand out another. When folks contact you ask them what card of your they have & what they thought about it. What you will find is the perfect card that works for you! So does your business card work for you?……………