Neighborhood House Inc. is a non-profit organization whose mission for over 100 years has been to assist youth, families, and single adults in their effort to become self-sufficient. NHI accomplishes this through the provision of quality childcare, counseling, recreation, education, and programs for youth, adults and seniors.
COLUMBUS URBAN VOYAGE! This is not your typical road or adventure race..teams of 2 to 4 follow a series of clues and face fun challenges all while navigating Columbus via foot! It’s a 5 mile scavenger hunt, with all the thrills of an amazing race for a chance to win great prizes. Registration is $25 per team and the proceeds will go to support the Neighborhood House’ programs.
- CHOICE PANTRY- a food pantry for residents in the 43203, 43205 area
- CHILDCARE- an enriched learning environment for children 6 weeks to 10 years old open M-F
- YOUTH SOCIAL ADJUSTMENT- After-School program for middle & high school youth & Summer Camp for ages 5-13
- NEIGHBORHOOD NEST- a curriculum based educational program for expectant parents
- ALCOHOL & DRUG OUTPATIENT COUNSELING- individual & group counseling
- SENIOR TRANSPORTATION- providing safe, free, reliable transportation to seniors for grocery & social
- SENIOR OUTREACH- providing links to services that assist them to live an improved quality of life
Neighborhood House 2011 Program results
- 58 individuals and/or businesses received notary public, fiscal agent, and other consultation services.
- 103 children ages 6 weeks – 10 years of age received quality care and education.
- Over 1,000 individuals participated in local and international community organizing activities.
- Over 7,500 adults, children, and families were served in our choice food pantry, senior programs, & Firefighters for Toys.
- Accredited by the Ohio Dept. of Alcohol & Drug Addiction Services to provide outpatient drug & alcohol counseling services for adolescents. Provided counseling to over 300 adults.
- Over 400 youth participated in our After-school and Summer Day Camp programs
To register- call (614) 252-4941 ext. 25 or log onto www.neighborhoodhouseinc.org
Find out more by clicking on the graphic’s!